Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Problems We Never Saw Coming

We spent all day at UAB yesterday! We went back to the doctor yesterday instead of Thursday because I called the nurse to ask her about having the GVHD(graft vs host disease) in his sinus cavity and she told me to bring him in. He was not happy with me but its not the first time and I am sure it won't be the last! Although after the day was over he did thank me for taking care of him! He tells me he loves me and he wouldn't know what he would do without me all the time. I just tell him that is why God put me here! His liver enzymes are still high(not sure how many liver enzymes we have)and they are doing an ultrasound on his liver, gall bladder and pancreas today. They also took more blood to do other certain kinds of tests on his liver. The doctor should have the results of the blood tests and the ultrasound and we will go back Friday for those. They told him yesterday if they did not get the results they want from the ultrasound and blood tests, they will have to biopsy his liver to see what is going on. Of course he asked what does that involve and he said they put a catheder in your neck and run it down that way. He suspects GVHD or a virus in his liver but has to make sure. He just wants to know what it is to be able to treat it correctly. He is a research doctor and is very thorough! I can tell Terry is very scared. I just keep telling to keep the faith and we are reading our bible every night to boost us! Our church gave out a calendar to follow and we have been doing it! We saw the neurologists yesterday too! She examined him and told him what he already knew, she called him the expert! The cyclosporine could be the reason so many nerves have been affected and the chemo he took over the past year also could have done the damage. He will most likely have this the rest of his life but she assured him after 6 months of being off the cyclosporine he could see a difference.I will update after our visit on Friday! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day so hug your loved ones and tell them you love them! Time is precious! Hugs and kisses to all of you! Alyce

No comments: