Followers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ESTATE SALE

Hi Everyone, this is Karen. I just wanted to let you know that God is still working in our lives. About 4 weeks ago, I got a call from one of Mom's neighbors asking if we were going to sell her house. She said she had a friend whose Mom was looking for something in this area. I had not really wanted to think about that because I was just not sure I could handle it. Everything was still exactly as Mom had left it when she got so sick last May. I was still paying all the utilities, etc. I guess still hoping that she would get better and could come home. Unfortunately, she has continued to decline. Her dementia is getting worse and she has not walked in 8 or 9 months. She only weighs 91 pounds and has to be fed and everything done for her. The people at the Village at Cook Springs are very good to her. Anyways, my brothers and I decided that with the housing market as slow as it is we should at least show it to this lady. We hid stuff in drawers and underbeds and in boxes and got it cleaned up and looking pretty. I showed it to her the next week and the next week she made an offer. We have a contract and it should close about the middle of April. We are getting a very good price and I just feel God sent this lady to me. The very same week, Rick aired up the tires in Mom's old car and drove it down to a body shop nearby to see if they had some part that was missing on the car. Three days later, we received a phone call from a man interested in buying the car. He heard about it at the body shop. We have sold a house and a car without even trying. Now if that is not God you will never convince me otherwise. Meanwhile, we have spent 3 of the last 4weekends going through a lifetime of our Mother's memories. We have all taken things that we wanted and are selling the rest. A couple from my church are doing an Estate Sale for us this coming weekend. We have 5 or 6 rooms full of furniture, pictures, lamps, dishes, what-nots, clothes, tools and antique items. We will all be there some time to help work and we hope to see you ALL there. It will be 9am to 3pm on Saturday 3/29/08 and 1pm to 3pm on Sunday 3/30/08. The address is 5371 Heritage Lane, Irondale, AL 35210. My home ph# 205-951-3917 and cell # 205-249-7524. It is just off Hwy 78 East, near the I-20, Old Leeds Road exit. Follow the signs and PLEASE COME. Thank you for your continued moral support and prayers for Terry and Mom. Love, Karen

No comments: