Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Promises! Promises!

He got out of the fluid IV today by promising Lidia(his NP)that he would drink lots of fluids, so next time you see him ask him if he's drinking!!! His heart rate was so high and pressure still low! I am surprised he got out of it, he's slick when he wants to be(with Lidia anyway) His liver counts were still about the same but still higher than they want so to take the iron deposits out of his body they took a pint of blood OUT of him. Yes, I said out of him. The nurse that did it had Kristina(she went with us today)help her open the BIG tubes that they used to pull his blood out of the IV. For some reason I got sick to my stomach watching it! Seen SO much and THAT made me sick! He got a little light headed so I got him some juice to drink. They think having so many blood transfusions(18 total)and Karen's stem cells has made his iron go higher than usual. His hemocrit was 13.8, it is not supposed to be over 10, so from now on they will take blood from him when it gets that high. When Dr. Vaughan was explaining it all I was thinking I was SO glad Kristina was in there to hear all this so she could explain it to us! The three of us went to The Fish Market to eat afterwards and he ate pretty good. He did gain 3/10's of a pound since last week. Dr. Vaughan asked us questions about his weight before leukemia and we told him he is a little under his normal weight and he thought that he is OK with it as long as he doesn't continue losing weight. I am now making him drink Ensure in the morning and at night. He is feeling good overall though! I don't think he even knew that his heart was beating so fast. We don't go back until April 1st, so hopefully nothing will happen until then. Love to all of you keeping up with us and kiss your loved ones daily! God Bless! Alyce and Terry

2 comments:

Charlie Butler said...

I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

cathy said...

HEY ALYCE & TERRY

THIS IS CATHY (B.J.'S MOM). THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS YOU SEND B.J.. I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH TERRY FOR A LONG TIME IT HELPS ME WITH B.J.'s PROMBLEMS.
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER BEING THERE WITH YOU. I AM TRULY BLESSED MY DAUGHTER WORKED
ON THE BONE MARROW UNIT AFTER SHE GRADUATED FROM ALABAMA. I ALSO HAVE A COUSIN THAT IS LIKE A SISTER THAT IS WONDERFUL TO EXPLAIN THING TO ME. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND SO MUCH OF THE MEDICAL WORDS. AND THEN GOD SENT US ASHLEY. SHE HAS BEEN SO WONDERFUL TO B.J..
I PRAY TERRY WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER WITH EACH DAY. IF THERE IS EVER ANYTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY PLEASE CALL. YOU CAN GET MY NUMBER FROM CONNIE AT TERRY'S WORK. SHE IS A LIFE LONG FRIEND AND LIKE A SISTER TO ME.
I HOPE WE GET TO MEET IN PERSON SOON.
MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU SAFE
CATHY GREEN