Followers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

BMT Instead of Church

Well, the procedure he had done on Thursday to his mouth became a problem this morning. I was waking him up to give him his shot and get ready for church when I discovered the pillow, his t-shirt and the sheets covered in blood. A big blood clot had formed in his mouth and was leaking out of his mouth. I am sorry to sound SO gross! I guess I think everyone's stomach is as strong as mine has grown! Of course, I called for Kristina to come down and look at what had happened and she said immediately to call the doctor, so I did. John dropped us off(one of the perks of him living downtown) and they called the oral surgeons to come take care of it. Dr. Vaughan was there and gave me the regimen for the shots and coumadin during this next week when he has the biopsy and stretching of the esophogus. Butch and Jackie came and kept me company for a while, which was nice, but they shouldn't have. I am sure they will let the church know tonight what is going on. He has lost 9 lbs and as of right now has not eaten anything but drank an ensure today. It is very hard for him to eat. I am fixing to make him a milkshake but I knew everyone would want to know what was going on so I am going for now and hopefully we won't have any more excitement this week! Pray the biopsy goes well and they can stretch him out so he can eat! Hugs and kisses to everyone! Love ya'll! Alyce

No comments: