Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Better Weekend!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the doctor did not bring him off any steroids and increased his immune meds. This means his strength will continue to deteriorate and his immune system is 0. Home Health Care is sending a PT out next to work with him on exercises he can do at home to help improve his strength. We stopped by SCS and Teresa got some masks for him to wear when needed but he won't be getting out much except mostly go to the doctor. Can't take a risk of him getting any kind of fungus disease, if he did, it would NOT be a good thing! They took him off the fungus fighting pill to see if his liver enzymes would improve, just for 10 days. But they discovered a bacterial infection and now I am giving him 2 IVs a day, one for the CMV and now one for the bacterial infection. So complicated I know! I don't much understand why they do what they do, all I know is follow their directions and pray to God that the doctors know what they are doing will work. Kristina is home for the week(Spring Break)so at least this week I will be more comforted with her here. She loves her Daddy! We have had, so far, a much better weekend than the last three, that means no hospital on Sat. or Sun. I actually took a nap this afternoon on the sofa! Very unusual for me! God Bless All of You! Hugs and kisses! Alyce

No comments: