Followers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Hope you didn't get too spooked today. Terry and Alyce went back to the hospital today for more tests. Today they determined that Terry has no sensation in most of his toes. He is also still having some bladder problems. He is scheduled to do more Neurological tests soon. These problems are probably caused as a result of the extreme Chemo and possibly the cyclosporin that he has been on for so long. Please pray that they can stop and reverse these problems. Speaking of problems, I am sorry I have been slack in writing the blog lately but I have had a few problems lately too. I am enclosing an email from my daughter, Traci, who has been a kindergarten teacher in Trussville for 10 years. She is taking off this year to spend time with my 2 precious grandsons, Seth age 4 and Grant age 2. Her email (written to her friends and copied to me) will explain a little of what is going on...............Hi everyone. I wanted to update you on what has been going on in my family life and ask for your prayers. My Dad, Rick Bradshaw, is having quadruple (at least..maybe more/less doctors say) bypass surgery Monday, November 5 at 9 AM. He went in for a regular physical and they noticed an abnormality in his stress test. He has had no symptoms. They did a heart cath on him Monday and found that of the 3 main arteries there was a 90% blockage in one and 80 % blockage in the other two. His doctors discussed his options, got second opinions and decided instead of stints to go ahead with the open heart surgery. This was not what we really wanted to hear. The doctor is releasing him to go home today. (Tues.) He was asked to do nothing more than lift the remote over the weekend. My parents were planning on taking the grandkids to Disney on Ice this Thursday. The doctor told him he could still go i f he feels up to it! (I guess he didn't think a 60 year old man would get too worked up over Nemo! Ha!) Needless to say, we need your prayers. This year has been full of trials for my family. We have had my uncle Terry's luekemia, mom's bone marrow transplant for my uncle, my grandmother's multiple hospital stays and finally in the nursing home, baby Chloe killed by a drunk driver, Kayla's murder, and now dad's surgery all since January. My mom has really been through it this year worrying about her brother's leukemia (which is in FULL REMISSION- praise God!), being my grandmother's primary caregiver, as well as trying to work full time. Please not only pray for my dad but for my mom as well. I know God is in control and he will bring us through this. Thank you all for being my support this year! Love you all! I'll keep you updated Monday! -Traci Walter............Please pray for my husband, Rick, and for all of our family. ...........Bible verse for the week---Rom. 8:28---For all things work together for good to those who love the Lord........Because I will be tied up so much taking care of Rick and trying to work when I can, Alyce has agreed to take over writing the blog for a while. She will do a good job because she lives with Terry every day. Our family is so blessed that Terry found and married such a wonderful woman. ...........She and I have decided that when we have time, we are going to have a nervous breakdown, or maybe run away to an exotic island. In the meantime, we take 1 day at a time and do whatever we have to do. God is good and will not forsake us. Remember, I love you all....and I'll be back!! Hugs and kisses, Karen

No comments: