Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Light the Walk

Sorry I forgot to remind you that tonight was the Light the Walk at the Hoover Met to raise awareness and money for Leukemia and Lymphoma and any blood cancers. I donned my tennis shoes and my Bone Marrow Donor shirt and left home about 5:20pm. It rained so hard traveling on I459 that I could barely see at times. When I got past the Galleria, it suddenly stopped and did not begin to rain at the Met until about 7pm. Alyce, John, Susan, Randy, Randi Lynn, Noah and I were there to walk for Terry. Terry was there but after about an hour went to sit in the truck. It got a little windy and he did not need to get chilled or wet. We saw Dr. John, nurses Wendy and Diana from the UAB BMTU there also. There were a number of other Survivors and many supporters on hand for the event covered by channel 42 News. There was free BBQ and other food, games for children and a live band playing Beetles music. We got balloons that light up and a banner for our group. Terry and Alyce go to UAB tomorrow at 9am for the results of last week's tests. Please pray for encouraging news and strength for Terry. I will try to get Rick to help me post a few pictures tomorrow night that I took at the Met. It was wonderful to see Terry's smiling face. Even though he was not feeling very well, he still smiled. Be sure to log in Saturday for test results and pictures I will post Friday night. Have a "Fun Day - Friday" and please drive carefully in these "showers of blessings."

No comments: