Followers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

100th Day

Today marks the 100th Day since the transplant. Yahoo!! wish we could throw a party but Terry still has to stay pretty much isolated or keep his mask on. Terry and Alyce had a great anniversary. They had a big suite at RossBridge with room service. It was really a treat since they have not been able to go anywhere in such a long time. They went straight to UAB this morning and the nurses took several vials of blood. He will have to go later in the week for an EKG, etc. and next Tuesday will have another of those dreaded Bone Marrow Tests. Terry is like me and has chronic sinusitis. He told the doctor he could sleep better if he could breathe out his nose. The doctor finally ok'd for him to use Afrin nasal spray. I have to use it every night so I know how he feels. Mom was a bit agitated over the weekend so the nursing home added another medication. She was in a lot of pain and complaining loudly so they called me at 4am Monday morning. They transported her by ambulance to Trinity ER so I had to go meet them. Nothing really wrong except the skin graft area hurting badly. They gave her a couple of shots and sent her back about 9am. I went straight to work from there. I hope they can get her meds adjusted to keep her out of so much pain but not make her sleep all the time. Love, Karen

No comments: