Followers

Friday, August 3, 2007

Finally Friday

The hospital called Thursday afternoon and told Terry and Alyce to be at the hospital at 7:30am today for the Bone Marrow biopsy test. Thank goodness they sedated him partially because a very young female "fellow" doctor who must have been very inexperienced did the biopsy. Alyce watched and I think they should have given her the drugs from how she described the experience. Terry is still eating better and had regained 2 pounds. They received a call from the Dermatologist that they had seen at St. Vincents last week. Several of the small places on his legs that they biopsied showed "pre" cancer. He will go next week and the next to have those places taken off. Terry has been running a low grade fever for a couple of weeks but the doctors didn't seem alarmed unless it runs over 100. Over all, he is feeling so much better. We praise God for his improvements and are trying not to worry about the outcome of the test today. They don't have to go back to UAB until Tuesday and will probably not hear anything until then. When I talked to Alyce this afternoon, I told her Rick and I were going to the hospital to see Mom and then probably out to eat. She said "I will be soooooo glad when we can go out to eat again!!" and in the background, I heard Terry say yes, maybe to Ruth's Chris. Sounds great to me! I said maybe we can all go together soon. Mom was very alert but also very confused about some things. She asked " Is my furniture in Tarrant or Pell City?" I told her it was not at either, it was at her house in Irondale. She cannot remember her home in Irondale where she has lived for the past 6 years. We laughed and talked for over an hour but her leg was hurting badly so I asked the nurse to give her something for pain before we left. Thank you for your love and concern. We love you all, Karen

No comments: