Followers

Monday, August 13, 2007

Mom's Surgery

I will be leaving shortly to go to the hospital to be with Mom. She is scheduled for skin graft surgery on the wound on her leg around 10 or 11am. Please pray for Dr. Bullock doing the surgery and for Mom that it will work and her leg will be healed. I have had to make sure this wound (originating from a brown recluse spider bite) was cleaned and bandaged daily for over 2 years. This could also give Mom better possibilities in Nursing Home choices. Some will not take a wound care patient that also has dementia. Terry is still doing well except for some shoulder pain. I have something really funny to share with you. Since yesterday was the first Sunday since we heard the wonderful news that Terry was in remission, I felt compelled to go down the aisle at church to ask for a prayer of Thanksgiving. Terry's name has been in our bulletin since this all began in January and his name has been lifted in prayer many times so I felt I needed to thank my brothers and sisters and God. Well, we usually sit near the back because we have 2 grandchildren that want to sit with us between Sunday School and Children's worship. Our little 2 year old Grant had gotten a big yellow smiley face with "GRANT" written on it in class. He cried because he did not want to go to Children's Church so Traci kept him in worship. He was sitting in Rick's lap and somehow as I was stepping past Rick to get to the aisle, his big yellow smiley face sticker got stuck on my butt. Yes, God does have a sense of humor. Hope this gives you a laugh!! Love to all, Karen

No comments: