Followers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Talked With Terry

I called and got to talk with Terry for a while yesterday. He is doing pretty good...just impatient that his energy is still so low and he has lost muscle tone and his taste buds are still messed up. I tried to encourage him by reminding him of how blessed we are that he has come this far and that things will return to some normalcy in time. He really misses his fast paced life and interaction with all of you. Thank you for still keeping in touch through the prayer pager, a card, a call or an email to heytwd@yahoo.com. I am sure that he fears that his life will never be "back" to where he desires it to be. He doesn't read the blog so I told him the Smiley face sticker story and it gave him a laugh. Mom's graft has done well but she is in a lot of pain and her dementia very bad at times and I have had to hire around the clock sitters. Last might was the first time I did not have someone staying overnight. I was there a couple of hours last night after church and she was very depressed and wishing she could die. It is very hard to see her like this. She will probably be released and will go to Cook Springs Nursing Home on Tuesday to a rehab bed. After the leg heals, we might move her closer. Right now, we do not have many choices available that will take her. Because I love her so much, there are days that I pray for God to just call her home. She has suffered enough but we do not make the decision about when we die. We have to leave that in God's hands. Your prayers continue to lift us up and keep us going on days that we feel depressed. May God bless us all with a good week. Love, Karen

No comments: