Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day + 20 and 21

Friday was another hurting day and Terry got another bag of platelets. Dr. Vaughan did additional tests on the Bone Marrow taken yesterday. He did see "X's" which meant that he was seeing the transplanted stem cells that belonged to me. The transplant definitely did take. We are just not sure why it is taking so long for his blood counts to come up. One of the doctors came in and asked Terry how he was doing "other THAN wanting to go home." Terry apparently called him a "Smart b---". The doctor just laughed. I laughed too when Alyce told me and I told her that I could tell that the transplant had worked because I think that was me saying that instead of Terry. I'm way more MEAN than he is. Ha Ha! I was at the hospital with Mom very early until Kristina relieved me about 11am. I worked til 4:30 and then went back. Mom did get the 3 pints of blood and was taken down for an ultrasound on her kidneys. They also did a biopsy on her leg. She has been EXTREMELY disoriented and talking out of her head. Today is Saturday. I was at the hospital by 7:30am. Mom had not slept and they said she was very confused. She acted mad at me when I got there and refused to open her mouth to get her temperature taken or even to eat. Her blood pressure was 87 over 50. I left about 11:15 because she was sleeping. On my way home I called the hospital to get a report on Terry and he answered the phone. He was feeling really badly and is ready for this thing to get better so he can GO HOME!!! His platelets were back up since he had platelets yesterday but his white blood cell count was back down to .30. The reason he was alone was because their little family dog, Pebbles, who was 16 years old had died. The kids and Alyce had to bury her in their yard. I was so sorry for their loss of their sweet family pet. I went back to the hospital tonight and stayed until about 9pm. Mom seemed much better tonight than last night or this morning. Happy Father's Day to all you Dads and Grand Dads!! XXXX0000 -- Karen

No comments: