Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day + 26 and 1 To Go

Today was a pretty good day because Terry got a little freedom for the first time since he entered the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit on May 15th. They disconnected him from the IV machine and monitor and he was able to go "outside" to breathe fresh (code Orange) air. There is an outdoor courtyard on his floor and he enjoyed feeling the sunshine again. His white cell count came up to 5.61 today but he has a rash on his hands and heels. He has been so miserable for so long and now he is so excited that he is getting to go home tomorrow. I have not seen my baby brother since the day of his transplant (May 26)and have been longing to see him again. Rick took me to UAB this afternoon. It really worked out great because we were able to help Alyce pack up the bed, lounge chair, guitar and other things and loaded her car. She and Kristina and John will go tomorrow to bring him HOME SWEET HOME. I wish we could have a BIG "Welcome Home" party for him but that would just not be a good idea for now. He still has a long way to go. We just need to keep praying for him and especially that he will not get the graft vs. host disease. Our God is Able to deliver him. My thanks to my friend Sunny for helping me out by sitting with Mom from 9:30 to 5 for the past 3 days. Tara and Morgan my daughter and granddaughter went this evening for several hours and Traci, my other daughter will go tomorrow morning. She has been better today. I will give you a report on Terry's homecoming after I talk with Alyce tomorrow. Love you all, Karen

No comments: