Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Almost There

Terry had to go back to UAB today and they told him he was a model patient. I told Kristina to tell him that it was just my good traits coming out in him since today they told him that blood work shows he is now 95% me.Ha!Ha! The goal is to have 100% my healthy stem cells and when completed he will have my exact DNA. I just hope when he gets better he doesn't turn to a life of crime and I get the jail time. Ha!Ha! The doctor plans to do another Bone Marrow biopsy test on Monday to determine what the 5% is doing. We are praying "no leukemia blasts" but if they are still hanging around, they will decrease his cyclosporin (anti-rejection drug)and let him get a tiny bit of graft vs host to help build up antibodies to fight off any remaining cancer cells. At least that is the way I understand it all. I really don't understand it very clearly, I just pray that God will continue to watch over Terry and guide the doctors to do all the right things to make him well again. His appetite is continuing to get better and he was feeling pretty good today. I miss seeing him as I know many of you do too. Mom is still in the hospital and was not feeling well today. They sent her to X-ray for her neck and shoulder pain. No fractures showed up, just arthritis. I did finally get to talk to her doctor and he thinks she is improving but he is still adjusting her dementia and pain medicines. She was pretty clear tonight but could not remember where she was or how long she had been there. It broke my heart when she cried because I had to leave. I promised I would be back tomorrow and I think that helped to ease her mind. She will probably be released by Tuesday. Thank you for your continued prayers. Love, Karen

No comments: