Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is It Tuesday?

Well, the calendar says Tuesday but what happened to Sunday and Monday? Life is just one big blur these days. I got to the hospital to relieve Jackie about 2:45 Sunday afternoon, spent the night ( in that uncomfortable chair/bed) and stayed until 6pm Monday night. I have hired a sitter now from 9pm to 7am and another from 9:30am to 5pm. Butch is filling in mornings and me at night. Monday there were 5 doctors that came by to see Mom and then I also met with a Hospice representative. The Infectious Disease doctor came by tonight and said her leg is looking much better and she may get to come off the strong antibiotics they have had her on within the next day or two. Terry ran another fever Saturday night so Alyce had to take him to UAB on Sunday. Like many of our kids have done, by the time they saw the doctor, he did not have a fever at all. Monday, they did scans of his extremities to see if he had any blood clots and when it was determined that he did NOT, they removed his port. Hopefully, this is where the fever and aches originated and now will be eliminated. I did not get to talk with them today, but Monday afternoon he was feeling better than he had felt in a while. They don't have to go back to UAB until Thursday unless a problem arises. Thanks to the Bunko Ladies for bringing food to them!! After being off on Monday, I worked all day today. When I got to my office this morning, a dear friend and co-worker had left me a sweet card of encouragement and a beautiful pot of "sunshine" mums. We can never repay all the kindnesses that have been shown to us during the past several months by all of you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please keep those prayers going, I know that God has something really good in store for us just around the corner. Love to all of you from all of us, Karen

No comments: