Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Showers of Blessings

Well, even when other things seem to be looking down, God blesses us in another way. The rain we have had the past few days has certainly been a welcome blessing. Terry has still been running a low grade fever and today they gave him more IV antibiotic. The doctors did tell them that the blood culture was negative but they did take another one today. His levels are still good and the medicine they have him on for appetite is working. He has regained 3 pounds. He will get to stay home Sunday. On Monday, if the blood cultures taken today still don't reveal anything, they may remove the port because this may be why he keeps running a fever and aching. It could be causing a slight infection that has just not been detected. Mom had a high fever (101.8 under her arm)on Thursday night when I went by the nursing home after work. We could not get her to wake up. She had a red swollen wrist and would scream and cry if anyone touched it. I had the nurse to place a call for the doctor but it took almost 3 hours for him to call back. Meantime, when the aid came in to prepare her for the night, I noticed that the bandage on her leg had not been changed in 4 days. (they have to date and initial the tape) The sheets were soaked with fluid from her leg and the small bed sore she had gotten 2 weeks ago on her heel at Med Center East was now covering her entire heel. I just about lost it!! My brother Butch and his wife Jackie came over about 9:30pm and the doctor had just called back and told the nurse to transport her. The ambulance finally arrived and we got to the Trinity Montclair ER about 11pm. After lots of tests, they did keep her and admitted her to room 525 at 4am Friday. We all had to go to work the next day on 2 or 3hours sleep. I left work about 1:30pm and went to the hospital. They were doing tests on Mom and did not return her until about 5pm. The wrist problem is something called pseudo gout. I have had "prayer meeting" with a couple of people at the Nursing Home and have been assured that changes are being made and problems addressed. We are having to now pay them $147 per day to hold her bed because as terrible as it may seem, we may be forced to return her there. I spent the night last night at the hospital and a cousin (Vicki) relieved me about 11am today. I had already signed up to help at our 1 day VBS so I felt I had to keep my commitment. Butch is staying tonight. Her doctor has ordered that we have someone with her around the clock. This is going to really place a hardship on us (as if we needed something else.) Please continue to keep our entire family in your prayers. I'm about to try to catch up on a little shut-eye. Love, Karen

No comments: