Followers

Friday, February 16, 2007

BLOOD DRIVE BIG SUCCESS

WOW!!!!
There are no words to describe today. 143 people signed up to give blood. Only a few of that number were not able to actually donate their blood and we appreciate you at least trying. There is no way we can properly thank you. I know the people with the American Red Cross were impressed with the large turnout and they also thank you for the many people who will benefit from your blood. Here is a picture of me and Alyce giving blood. Below is a picture of some of the SCS office workers that helped to organize this blood drive in Terry's honor. It was my first time to meet most of them but I felt like we were old friends when I left. I heard that Gil cooked up some great BBQ for lunch. Sorry I missed it!! I hope you all got to see the news clip tonight on the 6PM News. I got to see it with Terry from his hospital room. He was just speechless and overwhelmed that this was done because of him. It is not his nature to want to be the center of attention and he was humbled by your generosity. He was sitting in a chair but was still not feeling well. He is still running a fever and not eating much. I took him 2 boxes of his favorite Girl Scout cookies, Samoas, and he said he hoped to eat some later. His physical condition is very weak but his spirit is still strong. You are all so wonderful to continue to do whatever you can to help and today I thank you for "Giving the Gift of Life." ----Karen

No comments: