Followers

Saturday, February 3, 2007

On The Mend

I went to the hospital today to take some roast, gravy and creamed potatoes for Alyce to heat up tonight for Terry. He has not had an appetite for a couple of days so I hope this will taste good to him. If you have ever been in the hospital, you know that the food is pretty yucky. They want him to get 2000 calories per day and even with the boost shakes it is hard for him to get this many calories when nothing really tastes good. I am sure that his appetite will return in a couple of days. The chemo finished last night and also the platelets. He walked down the hallway and back a couple of times pushing his IV pole before the nurse lassoed him back to the room to put on another bag of antibiotic. His temperature was normal and he looks good and is in good spirits. I hear there is a big Jam session going down this next weekend, Feb. 10th at 8pm at the East Lake VFW. Proceeds of the song Marc Barnett wrote for Terry will go to the Red Cross in honor of Terry. (sorry Marc, I think I called you Mike before.) I am not sure who all will be performing but I'm sure you can get more info from the borderline website. They will do another Bone Marrow Test on Monday to see if they have killed the other 2% of cancer cells. Please keep praying.

No comments: