Followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Day 1 and Day 2

Sorry I did not get to post a message yesterday but there just was NO time. Our son, Todd and his wife Rebecca and our 3 year old grandson, Caleb were here from north Idaho. Todd has been here about 3 weeks helping us with repairs to a house that Terry and I foreclosed on for our Mom last year before Terry got sick. We have just not had time to get it ready to sell. Rebecca and Caleb had only been here one week and Todd had to take them to the Nashville airport this morning to go back. Todd will leave on Thursday. We had not seen them in 17 months. That is WAY too long. Our daughters, Tara and Traci and her husband Daniel and our other grandchildren, Morgan (age 5), Seth (age 3) and Grant (age 2) were all here at our house Monday night until late. It was the first time we had ALL got to be together during this brief visit. I will try to post a picture of my precious 4 sometime later. I worked 1/2 day on Monday before I went to the hospital to get my Neupogen shot. When I got there, they left me sitting in a room for about 30 minutes. When "J" a male nurse came back around, I told him he better hurry and bring that shot because I have always been scared of needles and just might change my mind. He told me I could go on down to visit with Terry and Alyce and he would bring it down later. About 30 minutes later, he walked in with a syringe about a foot long with a BIG needle about 6 inches long. He said "where do you want it?" I said "if you are not kidding, I am jumping out that window." He then reached in his pocket to pull out the small syringe for my shot. He was just kidding around with me and later it was pretty funny. He said they can give it in the arm, stomach or thigh. I asked where it would hurt the least and he said stomach, so I stretched out in Alyce's lounge chair and we all shut our eyes because we could not stand to watch. I still felt OK this morning (just tired from last night) so I went on to work 1/2 day again. (I am the Accounts Payable supervisor at New South Federal in Irondale) I went down to UAB about 2pm today and got shot 2 in the other side of my belly. I am having pain tonight like a bad case of the flu. My shoulders and hips especially ache. I will go back tomorrow (Wed.) for shot 3 and will not be back at work this week. I am not complaining because this is nothing compared to what Terry is going through. I have had so many sweet and encouraging cards and emails. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your kindness. Terry did eat a little today and kept it down. His platelet count is down so I would not be surprised if they have to give him some blood or platelets this week. He is not feeling very good but sleeps quite a bit. He is also VERY bored and already tired of those 4 walls! Please continue to pray for us this week that all will go well. By the way, I think it was closer to 400 at the event Sunday night and over $19,000 was raised for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Money is still coming in. All of this was done in Terry's honor and it makes me even more proud of him than ever. It is a testimony of his MANY friendships and you can't make that many good friendships unless you have that special something that we all see in Terry. May God bless you for your generosity and support. Love you all, Karen

No comments: