Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 4 for Me

Nothing to eat or drink after midnight then be in the BMTU by 11:00am today. I got to go down to see Terry before time and he was sitting there in a chair next to Kristina watching some of the video of the Sunday night event. I then had to go down to another room where they took my blood pressure, temperature and several vials of blood. They then gave me my 4th shot of Neupogen in the tummy and inserted an IV line into my arm. A little while later they arrived with a rolling bed to take me to another building in the Cardio Lab to do an EKG and start the meds to put me under. They then took me into the surgery room to place the catheter lines in the right side of my neck. It took about 1 hour and then recovery about 2 hours. Terry walked down to see me when they brought me back to a room in the BMTU. Alyce bought me and Rick a Chic-fil-a and drink because I was so hungry but did eat about 1/2 of it. I have a big patch covering the place with the catheter enters my jugular vein and it has 2 tubes hanging out that come about 1/2 up the middle of my ear about the size of straws. I am in quite a bit of pain and have just taken 2 phenergan to help knock me out because I am afraid to try taking the Lortab because I don't think I could handle being sick. My body aches ALL over but I know that I can stand this another day or two. I will have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 8am for about 10 hours. Terry's levels are going down fast. A few of us are going to find a waiting room close to the BMTU on Saturday to show our support for 2 or 3 hours during his Transplant procedure. I will let you know what time and exact place if you want to come by to join us. God is on our side and we still believe in the POWER of positive prayer. P.S. I washed my favorite fleece TV cuddle-up blanket and took it to Terry today. It has 2 bears - - a big one -- and a little one and a big red heart is exchanging hands. The big caption above their heads says "The Greatest Gift" I told him I wanted him to keep it during his stay in the hospital so he can cuddle up with it in his chair. The Greatest Gift is not the gift of Stem Cells, it is the Gift of LOVE!! These are very emotional days, but our Love for God and each other will pull us through. Please keep praying. Love to you all from Terry and me. xxxooo Karen

No comments: