Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just Sleep Through It

Kristina spent Monday night with Terry and said he slept pretty good. She got him to eat a piece of toast and drink an Ensure but he then got sick and didn't keep it down. He was still feeling very badly all day and they think he has a staff infection in one of his ports. They will know for sure tomorrow. They did start him on a strong antibiotic today because he started running a fever. He had a reaction to that so they had to give him Benedryl and are still giving him Oxycodone for the pain. He only had 2 Ensures and a small glass of grape juice all day. They will probably start him on TPN (Nutrition by IV) very soon. He was feeling so blah and was so sleepy, he told Alyce he wished he could "just sleep through this whole ordeal." I went to work today but left around 1pm because I was not feeling well. The nurse at the hospital said I was probably pushing my body too fast and need to really take it easy until I am feeling better. I feel good in the mornings except for headaches but start feeling weak and lethargic. I took 2 Tylenol and took a long nap and felt better. The pager in Terry's room is still beeping so we know you are still praying for him. ++++++++++++++Karen

No comments: