Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 3 for Me

I slept in today because I was not feeling well. Rick took off 1/2 day and came home to take me to UAB for my 3rd shot around 2pm. We had a great visit with Terry and Alyce. He had a visit from a man named Todd this morning that had gone through this procedure 11 years ago. He had even gone into a coma for 7 days and was on a dialysis machine. His wife was told that he would not make it. When he came out of the coma, the doctors said he would probably live only 2 days. He said he felt the Hand of God on him and told his wife that he Would make it. That was a great story for Terry and Alyce to hear right now. I have no doubt that God sent this man today. Terry will not have chemo Thursday or Friday. They are letting his body rest in preparation for Saturday. The doctor told him that May 26th will be his NEW birthday! I have to be at UAB by 11am tomorrow to have the catheter placement and also get the 4th shot. I feel your prayers and have a peace that all will go well. Please flood him with cards and notes of encouragement. Send to Terry Davidson, University Hospital, 3rd Floor West Pavilion, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Rm. P-350. His room phone number is 975-0710. You will have to call the hospital to get the zip code. Sorry, I meant to get all that information. Call or go by for very short visits Thursday or Friday because after that, he will not be allowed to have any visitors for awhile.

No comments: