Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday! (Transplant Day)

The first picture is of my Donor T shirt, under that is the poster/card the nurses made for Terry's Birthday Card, and the picture to the right is of Terry's nurse "J" that played the trick on me about the shot. It also shows Terry in the bed and you can barely see the bag of Stem Cells at the top. This picture was taken at exactly 10:52am this morning as they started my Stem Cells into Terry. Alyce, Kristina, John, Rick and I were the only ones in the room and we had prayer just before this began. Terry was given Demerol and Benedryl so he was getting pretty sleepy. We left the room during the 2 hours it took to complete and sat in the Family Room most of the time. We were joined during all or part of this time by Butch, Jackie, Gloria, Jim, Barbara, Sherri, Pete, Madison, Logan, Jerry, Gail, Vicki, Steve and Garrett. Alyce and the kids were going back and forth between his room and the Family Room. After the 2 hours, I went down to check on him and he was awake and feeling good. So far, NO bad reactions. We were all starving and Alyce, John, Kristina, Garrett, Gloria, Butch, Jackie, Rick and I walked down the street to get a late lunch. When we got back, we waited for him to finish the sandwich Alyce brought him. After the nurses had finished his card and gotten a Birthday cake, we all went into his room for a minute and sang Happy Birthday. Alyce cut the cake and passed it out.
Terry was sitting in a chair playing "Bass" Monopoly with John and saying he wanted to go home. Of course we all realize that this is just the "calm before the storm", but we are elated that so far today he has done SO well. We have certainly felt your many prayers with us today and are confident that God has Terry in his hands. Alyce asked that I repeat this: Please no phone calls or visits to his room for the next 2 weeks or until I give the "green light" on the blog. Just keep up the cards and prayers.
They checked my vital signs this morning and took blood to test. I had a bad headache and during lunch got very light headed. When we returned, the nurse told me that my Potassium was still low and to take more as soon as I got home. Other than feeling tired, I am fine. I just asked God to bless each one of you that prayed for me this week. I wouldn't say it was a "piece of cake", but it was much easier than I expected. I know that was because of your prayers. I will keep you updated on Terry so keep signing on the blog.
Love to each of you from Terry, me and the family.XXXXXXOOOOO

No comments: