Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oh What A Night!!

I hope you all got to attend the Concert tonight at WorkPlay put on by SCS to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in Terry's honor. The food was delicious and the music was just great and the personal testamony of Mark Phillips was so very touching. He was so right in saying that we cannot let cancer "own us." Each group that performed was super great but in my book, you just can't beat those Thrasher Brothers! They've still got what it takes! I was so touched by all of you who came up to me to give me a hug and let me know that you were praying for me and Terry this week. Thank you for introducing yourselves to me if I had not already met you. I feel like I know so many of you from your emails and it is nice to put a face with your name. Please feel free to email me anytime at kdbradshaw@aol.com. I would estimate about 300 people were present tonight. It was standing room only. Thank you for coming. When I got to wave to Terry on the camera and blow him kisses and he responded by blowing me kisses on the Big Screen, I just about lost it. Alyce says he has not been able to eat in 3 days because of nausea from the chemo. Alyce's Mom, Gloria, is a member of Asbury Methodist Church and they have a prayer pager ministry. If you say a prayer for Terry (and me) this week, dial 325-0081. I understand that there will be a recorded message telling you to also dial more numbers and then the pager that Terry has in the hospital will beep or vibrate just to let him know that someone has just prayed for him. What a neat idea!! I go tomorrow for my first shot and will see him then. I will post his hospital address and more info about tonight tomorrow. P.S. Someone at my work told me that I was Terry's angel. I just wanted you to know that each of you are the "Wind beneath my Wings." XXXXOOOOKaren

No comments: